Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default On one PC, Windows 7 to Windows 10 update fails at 'fetching updates: 46%'. What to do next?

wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Is the O/P booting from the USB stick, or running the setup.exe
on the stick from within the existing win7?

I tried the stick once, using the existing Win7 to run the stick's setup.exe.

Then I'd recommend booting from the stick, my main laptop was on Win10
but got "stuck" on v1809 and every time it decided to do the v1903 or
v1909 upgrade it froze at a specific %age and I had to power if off and
let it roll-back, when booted from the stick it went straight through.