Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumpy Old White Guy[_3_] Grumpy Old White Guy[_3_] is offline

Default slow drying ink source?

On 2/6/2020 4:31 PM, J-J wrote:
On 2/6/20 4:14 PM, devnull wrote:
On 2/6/20 3:24 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 05:42:00 -0500, Joe Schmoe wrote:

On 2/5/20 11:46 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 21:23:03 -0500, J-J wrote:

On 2/5/20 9:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 14:53:03 -0500, J-J wrote:

On 2/5/20 2:49 PM, J-J wrote:
On 1/27/20 5:07 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

The following formula is recommended :

Aniline colour . . 10 gm. Glycerine 125 cc

Starting to look into the ingredients.Â* Only hitch seems to be aniline
color.Â* Is this food coloring drops or ?

Generally used for leather dye- Also used in wood stain. Buy it at Lee
Valley.Water or alcohol soluable -originally made from coal tar and
tannin.

Any good wood finishing or leather craft place should have some - or
even an artists supply. Moser and Hewitt are two suppliers but there
are likely many others. Might even get it at Home Despot

Perhaps this?

https://bit.ly/2UtWNgb

Says it can be used for wood too.
Â*Â* Link does not work

I don't know why people use bitly.crap
Just use the main url.Â* Sheeeeeeeeesh!

https://www.michaels.com/rit-all-pur.../10556340.html
Â* No difference - still comes up with a 404 error

You must have a democrat (non-working) internet connection.

Not to change the subject too much as I am trying to research this ink, but for several years, I'd get a 404 every time I visited the Lowe's website.Â* I even told them about it at the store one time and they had no clue.Â* In my case, it turned out to
be No Script's fault.Â* Even though it showed that I was allowing script for the website, that wasn't entirely true.Â* Once fully enabled, I could again access Lowe's.

Agree, noscript tends to break websites.

Best solution I've found is to use VirtualBox and then generate a fresh instance at least daily.

--
Get off my lawn!