Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Using a cheap Din Car Head Unit with HiFi Amp

Well, it really depends on whether you know the pin outs and can block any
dc paths and know if any remote signals need to be terminated in a special
way to make the thing work. Don't car things these days have access codes as
they need to be powered up all the time to not lock themselves out. First I
think use some cables with capacitors in series and see what comes out and
when.
That is what I'd do if there is a shortage of English data.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Hi All,

I've recently purchased a cheap Chinese Head unit (Tuner, USB, Aux,
Bluetooth) from the bay of the flea which I was intending to use in my
daughters car.

However, I'd like to add the above functions to the shed HiFi and this seems
like a very cheap way to do it.

The enclosed instructions aren't much use, so I thought I'd tap the hive
mind of uk diy.

The unit has 4 RCA sockets on the back (in addition to the standard Din
power and speaker sockets), it claims these are two rear outputs and 2 rear
outputs. I suspect it's actually 2 front and 2 rear.

It also claims to want 12V power and to use a maximum of 15A.

IF I connect a relatively low output 12V bench supply (1 or 2 A from
memory). And don't connect any speakers, but just use 2 of the RCAs to feed
the stereo input of a HiFi amp.

1. Is anything likely to go up in smoke?

2. Is it likely to work?

3. Does anyone make a ready made case i coI'll put it in and if so, what
search term should I enter?

TIA

Chris