Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Too much hysteresis in water heater thermostat

In article ,
says...

I haven't monitored the one here to see how much it swings. Its
a ten year old Kitchenaid double wall oven. I do know that once it
gets to the set temp of say 400, it will continue to show that no
matter what. If I open the door to put something in or check on it,
then turn the oven off and right back on again, then it will show
like 350 and start working it's way back to 400 again. I guess I would
design it the same way, to make it look rock stable.

That is close to the way our 5 or so year old LG oven is. Once it
reaches the set temperature the number does not change. I am not even
sure the numbers really mean anything but are just for looks. I was
using a seperate digital thermometer to check mine out.