Paul Mc Cann

Default Table Saw Fence Problems

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 00:11:53 -0330, "Terry"
wrote:

snip

Have similar problem with my bench saw.
Solution seems to be to measure the distance from blade to fence at front
AND back of the blade, then clamp the fence?
Sometimes I've had the blade closer (even by say a mm or two) at back than
front, whereupon the material binds and burns as it travels through the
blade. :-(.

You run a great risk of kick back doing this. The rear of the fence
should always be a fraction further away from the blade compared to
the front.

Bear in mind that the rip fence has served its purpose once it clears
the blade. The fence on my machine can be puled back through the clamp
and I often use this facilityi f cutting pieces to length using the
rip fence

Paul Mc Cann