Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default Using a cheap Din Car Head Unit with HiFi Amp

Hi All,

Ive recently purchased a cheap Chinese Head unit (Tuner, USB, Aux, Bluetooth) from the bay of the flea which I was intending to use in my daughters car.

However, Id like to add the above functions to the shed HiFi and this seems like a very cheap way to do it.

The enclosed instructions arent much use, so I thought Id tap the hive mind of uk diy.

The unit has 4 RCA sockets on the back (in addition to the standard Din power and speaker sockets), it claims these are two rear outputs and 2 rear outputs. I suspect its actually 2 front and 2 rear.

It also claims to want 12V power and to use a maximum of 15A.

IF I connect a relatively low output 12V bench supply (1 or 2 A from memory). And dont connect any speakers, but just use 2 of the RCAs to feed the stereo input of a HiFi amp.

1. Is anything likely to go up in smoke?

2. Is it likely to work?

3. Does anyone make a ready made case i coIll put it in and if so, what search term should I enter?

TIA

Chris