Posted to alt.home.repair
J-J J-J is offline

Default slow drying ink source?

On 2/5/20 11:56 PM, J-J wrote:
On 2/5/20 11:46 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 21:23:03 -0500, J-J wrote:

On 2/5/20 9:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 14:53:03 -0500, J-J wrote:

On 2/5/20 2:49 PM, J-J wrote:
On 1/27/20 5:07 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

The following formula is recommended :

Aniline colour . . 10 gm. Glycerine 125 cc

Starting to look into the ingredients.Â* Only hitch seems to be aniline
color.Â* Is this food coloring drops or ?

Generally used for leather dye- Also used in wood stain. Buy it at Lee
Valley.Water or alcohol soluable -originally made from coal tar and
tannin.

Any good wood finishing or leather craft place should have some - or
even an artists supply. Moser and Hewitt are two suppliers but there
are likely many others. Might even get it at Home Despot

Perhaps this?

https://bit.ly/2UtWNgb

Says it can be used for wood too.

Â* Link does not work

https://www.michaels.com/rit-all-pur...SABEgLddPD_BwE

Well, until I can find out more about the RIT powder dye, I went with
all I could get locally, the RIT liquid dye. Testing over the hours
since I last posted is showing a decent trace on the chart.

The only thing I'm wondering about now is mold over the long term.
Especially with sugar as an additive, I wonder if there's anything I
could add to the ink to act as a mold inhibitor?