Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radio controlled clock an hour fast

On 06/02/2020 07:49, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 23:06:55 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 23:44:05 UTC, tonysuffolk wrote:
replying to Chris Hogg, tonysuffolk wrote:
I've just changed the batteries on my IAN 100706 and it keeps setting the
clock an hour early, I don't suppose you know what it says on page 9, Ive lost
my instructions

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...t-1095666-.htm

It is obviously a remainer clock as it's running to Central European Time.

Not necessarily, Harry. The IAN 100706 is adjustable.

I didn't see the OP's post, but here's what it says in the
instructions about setting the time zone, p.9:

"Press and keep pressing the DOWN* button for about 2 seconds. The
time zone symbol F# is displayed. Press and keep pressing the SET**
button for about 3 seconds. The hour display flashes. Press the UP***
or DOWN button to set the required hour value. Press the SET button to
confirm your setting. NOTE: Press and keep pressing the DOWN button
for about 2 seconds to deactivate the time zone function."

* 4th from the left when viewed from the back.
** 1st on the left when viewed from the back.
*** 3rd from the left when viewed from the back.
# RHS of top display, viewed from the front, just above the seconds
counter.

It probably is locking onto DCF77 in Germany with a default of CET if it
is an Aldi/Lidl special. I have one that does the exactly same every
time I replace the batteries in it (not the exact same model).

If it used MSF60 (formerly Rugby) it would be on GMT now.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown