Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has the sky fallen in yet?

On 05/02/2020 17:06, #Paul wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Its classical archetypal remoaner-in-a-bubble swallowing predigested
opinions carefully formed for him by the mainstream media.

You should get out more and meet real people

Can I ask where you go to meet 'real people'?

It doesn't really matter. Even with the best will in the world,
one person trying to sample the views of millions of people by
means of personal meetings has no realist chance of not falling
prey to biases of one kind or another. Even professional opinion
pollsters have to work hard to get good-enough results.

It seems clear enough from discussions here that some people have
experiences that suggest that a majority of real people they meet
think Brexit is a good idea; whilst for others the majority of real
people *they* meet think it is a bad idea.

Mind you, the whole situation can become - at least superficially -
nicely clear cut if you decide that people whose views you dislike
are not "real people", or should be discounted since they have
obviously been misled by propaganda.

I canvassed for UKIP a bit, back in the day. Door to door stuff.

I met several people whose views were frannklky offensive to me..

And not all were of the Harry persuasion either. Plenty of rants by pro
EU people wanting to keep plebs in their place.

But their views are their views. They all had reasons for having them.

#Paul

--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon