Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water stains

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 18:54:28 UTC, ss wrote:
On 05/02/2020 17:57, Martin Brown wrote:
At this time of year you need to leave plaster much longer to fully dry
out before you try to seal it or you will be storing up trouble.
Overpainting with a dense white emulsion will usually cover it.

It will be about 2 weeks after the flood before I attempt to sort the
ceiling, have had a dehumidifier running for the last 5 days and will
keep it going on a lower setting for a few days more.
Its a shower room so not a big room.

FWIW I'd leave it longer. 8 days might do but I'd not be confident.

NT