Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Under cabinet striplight with its own shade - anyone seen such a thing?

Mike Clarke wrote:
On 04/02/2020 20:47, Chris Green wrote:

[snip]

I want to mount some light on a sloping roof so that it shines down
but not in one's face. The light will be somewhere around eye level,
or maybe somewhat above. I suppose I could mount a batten across the
sloping ceiling/roof but I was hoping for something ready made that
might look a bit more elegant.

I've not got my head around just what you want so may be way off beam in
offering

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/tcl/search?query=channel+led+tape&Submit=Search?

As I said I had found those. However I don't see how they could mount
on a sloping ceiling so that most/all the light goes downwards and
little or none shines in one's face when near them.

The quadrant version might do what you need if you mount it with the
diffuser pointing away from you.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SK156810.html

I guess it might, thanks for the idea, I'll need to try and visualise
how it would be.

--
Chris Green
ยท