Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default OT Who would have broken a tie in impeachemtn.

On 2/5/2020 10:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 8:38:14 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:

As for acquittal being a foregone conclusion, that was always expected. It
will be very surprising if there is a conviction, but what should the House
have done? Do nothing and condone the shyster behavior of this President?

A censure vote perhaps was worthy; wasting the last six months to build
a campaign issue for the upcoming election is as bad or worse in my view
than the actions undertaken.

Certainly it's a major stretch to have been worthy of impeachment; it
only came three years into his term after all the other dirty tricks
have failed in the objective of overturning the 2016 election.

Granted The Donald is uncouth and all but given the two alternatives
there's no question in my mind which direction I preferred the general
policy of the country head and given the way it looks to be going in the
nomination process don't see that changing.

Unfortunate he was the option instead of Pence, perhaps, but those were
the only two choices on the ballot--third party votes, etc., are just a
waste of a ballot in actual effect in determining the outcome.