Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Under cabinet striplight with its own shade - anyone seen such a thing?

Robin wrote:
On 04/02/2020 17:40, Chris Green wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 04/02/2020 15:23, Chris Green wrote:
I have quite a lot of t4 tube link lights and have an application for
a couple more (I might migrate to LED but that's a distraction really).

However this latest use won't hide the lamps behind a plinth so
ideally a striplight with some sort of shade along one side would do
the job nicely. I can't see anything like this anywhere though. Has
anyone seen such a thing?

You can get enclosures for LED tape lights:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/tcl/sea...&Submit=Search

Yes, I had found those, they're not perfect for what I'm trying to do
though (see below)

Having said that, a tape light even without one is pretty unobtrusive
under a cupboard.

This is looking side on at a tape light at eye level:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tCompleted.jpg

(it would be even less noticeable at under cupboard height)

I want to mount some light on a sloping roof so that it shines down
but not in one's face. The light will be somewhere around eye level,
or maybe somewhat above. I suppose I could mount a batten across the
sloping ceiling/roof but I was hoping for something ready made that
might look a bit more elegant.

I've not got my head around just what you want so may be way off beam in
offering

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/tcl/search?query=channel+led+tape&Submit=Search?

As I said I had found those. However I don't see how they could mount
on a sloping ceiling so that most/all the light goes downwards and
little or none shines in one's face when near them.

--
Chris Green
ยท