Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default WD-40

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:25:29 -0800, malua mada! wrote:

Too often when I reach for the can of WD-40 I find it has lost
pressure. Or the smart straw thing fell apart.
Buying the tiny cans is expensive. Filling the liquid into a utility
spray bottle works until the pump quits or leaks which happens all too
soon.

What do you all use?

I use LPS-1, which is very similar to WD-40. it smells the same, and
seems to leave less of the sticky coating on things. I use it mostly for
eliminating water on metal parts, and also for preventing rust on tools.
I got it in a 20 Oz pump spray bottle, but I believe that spray bottle is
no longer sold. My original one had lasted for many refills from a 1 Gal
bottle.

Jon