Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Under cabinet striplight with its own shade - anyone seen such athing?

On 04/02/2020 15:23, Chris Green wrote:
I have quite a lot of t4 tube link lights and have an application for
a couple more (I might migrate to LED but that's a distraction really).

However this latest use won't hide the lamps behind a plinth so
ideally a striplight with some sort of shade along one side would do
the job nicely. I can't see anything like this anywhere though. Has
anyone seen such a thing?

You can get enclosures for LED tape lights:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/tcl/sea...&Submit=Search

Having said that, a tape light even without one is pretty unobtrusive
under a cupboard.

This is looking side on at a tape light at eye level:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tCompleted.jpg

(it would be even less noticeable at under cupboard height)

--
Cheers,

John.