Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Anyone here ever use rubber electrical tape?

On 02/02/2020 08:17 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Some of those plastic anchors where you drill a 1/4 inch hole in the
wall and use what looks like a sheet metal screw with. The fellow
thought he was ordering a box of 100. Wound up with a cardboard box
that had many boxes of 100 in them. Must have been 50 thousand of those
things. That box was at least 2 feet in each direction.

There was a Montgomery Ward distribution center near where I grew up so
you could phone in an order and go down and pick it up. The pickup was
like the lottery; sometimes you got what you ordered, sometimes you
didn't. Whether you mentioned that all depended.

I ordered a box of wheel weights, maybe 5 pounds or whatever the
smallest selection was. When the guy staggered out with the garage
assortment I paid the cashier the amount it said on the invoice and
staggered out to the car with a lifetime supply of weights.

A lot of their merchandise was marked good, better, and best in the
catalog. Getting a free upgrade courtesy of a semi-literate stock picker
was always a possibility. otoh, you had to examine it closely to make
sure it hadn't went the other way.