Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Anyone here ever use rubber electrical tape?

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 2:05:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 01 Feb 2020 01:24:50 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2020 00:50:39 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 21:26:44 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:13:37 -0500,
wrote:

This is not your garden variety 3M 33. It is rubber amalgamating tape
used on high voltage splices up to 67kv.
What else is it good for?
I managed to come into 5 cases in an auction thinking I was getting 5
rolls and I have a lifetime supply ... for half of the IBEW.
Anybody want some? Send me a prepaid shipping label and all you want
is free. 20 rolls is a nice fit in a medium priority flat rate box.
I trolled out some on Ebay and Craigslist but no bites so far.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RBsAA...MO/s-l1600.jpg
If the shipping wasn't more than the cost of the tape I'd likely
jump on a few rolls. What's it cost to ship a box to N2K1W7 in Canada?

Dunno but you are probably right. Shipping to Canada is silly
expensive.

Somehow almost twice as expensive as shipping it south to the states.
I could likely buy a crate of it from china,including shipping, for
what it would cost to send a sixpack of it from buffalo or detroit.

Thank the International Postal Union (treaty) that says if you pay
local postage, the foreign country carries it free.
I am sure China gives their merchants virtually free postage to the
ship and we carry it the rest of the way for free. That is why I can
buy a mouse from China for $2 with shipping and it would cost me $3+
to send it to the guy across the street.

I can't be that simple, for example an international letter here costs $1.15,
while domestic it's .55. But I agree something is very wrong somewhere
and I've suspected the same thing, that it could be because China has
low internal rates. But as I said earlier, there are terminal dues and
that is based in part on grouping of countries based on exactly what,
IDK. But places like the US and Canada are in one tier and China is
in the developing, third world country bunch.