Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Flooring repair

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

Must be pretty crappy stuff if the weight of a bed and person make holes
in the surface.

But with two of the most morbidly obese ****ing on it...

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 02/02/2020 11:23, rick wrote:
Have a Weyroc floor fitted over wood joists in a bedroom ... parents
house built circa 1980

Floor is damaged in 2 places (legs of bed had gone through).... don't
really want to re-sheet whole floor, particularly as fitted wardrobes
over part of the floor.

initially thought it would be easy ... make a square cut-out back flush
with joist and fix a bearer timber on joist, to hold edge of new board,
and screw some supports round underside of other 3 sides to form a frame
to fit new piece in.

This plan stuttered today when I measured thickness of the Weyroc
...it's 19.4mm. So presumably an imperial 3/4" sheet.

Anybody know if you can still get 3/4" sheet ....
If not can you get 20mm as if I have to but 22mm that is not going to
sit flush without a lot of extra work.

This is chipboard, right? Use 18mm, build the support up beneath it by
1.4mm with gap filling glue, like Gripfill, where necessary.

Or, alternatively use 18mm and use a self levelling compound on top,
when you are done.