Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combi or System boiler

In article ,
NY wrote:
At our old house, we had a Grant combi oil boiler, mains-pressure fed.
And you could run the hot tap into the bath at full flow (same flow
rate as cold tape, since it was mains-fed) and the water was red hot.
So it definitely did not take a long time to fill a bath.

It's normal with a stored system to use 22mm pipes and taps to the bath.
Giving a far higher flow rate than 15mm. The important thing for filling a
bath quickly. Unlike say a shower where you might prefer high pressure
jets of water. Dunno of any combi which can match the flow rate of a 22mm
system, properly designed.

--
*Ham and Eggs: Just a day's work for a chicken, but a lifetime commitment

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.