Posted to alt.home.repair

Default F-connector has unstretchable outer covering.

On Sun, 02 Feb 2020 00:36:20 -0500, micky
wrote:

In the attic, my co-ax F-connector has separated from the coax, and
because of the age, 35 years, and the occaisional heat**, the white
vinly covering doesn't strech enough to replace the F-connector.

What to do?

I can strip the outer vinyl back and then just crimp on the braid.
Would that be okay?

If not, what? Running a new cable is almost beyond me now that I'm 35
years older.

**Roof fan all this time which kept it undder 85 or 90, except a few
days when the fan was broken.

Cut the damned thing off a few inches back, strip the coax like at
least 100 You Tubes will tell you to do and install a new connector.
Best in the compression type like the cable company uses but the tool
is $15+ or so and the connectors ain't cheap. They do work better than
the screw ons or the ones you squeeze with a pair of pliers with a hex
cutout in it..