Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone here ever use rubber electrical tape?

On Sun, 02 Feb 2020 00:38:59 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:13:37 -0500,
wrote:

This is not your garden variety 3M 33. It is rubber amalgamating tape
used on high voltage splices up to 67kv.
What else is it good for?

When workmen for the guy next door carelessly cut my phone/internet
lines, they were going to use wire nuts and electric tape. I used
solder and something like what you're describing.

I managed to come into 5 cases in an auction thinking I was getting 5
rolls and I have a lifetime supply ... for half of the IBEW.
Anybody want some? Send me a prepaid shipping label and all you want

One or two rolls would be great. How do I the send the label to you?
Do I have to know the postage to buy it prepaid? How much postage do
you think?

Remove NONONO from my email address to get my real address.

is free. 20 rolls is a nice fit in a medium priority flat rate box.
I trolled out some on Ebay and Craigslist but no bites so far.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RBsAA...MO/s-l1600.jpg

I am still testing this but I think I can get away with a roll in a
padded envelope for $2.20 but there are too heavy for 2. (DHS rules).
$2.20 A roll seems like not that great a deal when you can get 20 for
$15.05. The large flat rate box looks like it holds ~42-44 for $21
and change for the power user but I am still waiting for some from
USPS.

I will let you know when I get down to my last 100 rolls or so but my
wife is still screwing with me.
She walks by the stack of boxes and kicks them.
"What's in the boxes? Is it .... Tape"?
and **** like that.