Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone here ever use rubber electrical tape?

On Sat, 01 Feb 2020 01:24:50 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2020 00:50:39 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 21:26:44 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:13:37 -0500,
wrote:

This is not your garden variety 3M 33. It is rubber amalgamating tape
used on high voltage splices up to 67kv.
What else is it good for?
I managed to come into 5 cases in an auction thinking I was getting 5
rolls and I have a lifetime supply ... for half of the IBEW.
Anybody want some? Send me a prepaid shipping label and all you want
is free. 20 rolls is a nice fit in a medium priority flat rate box.
I trolled out some on Ebay and Craigslist but no bites so far.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RBsAA...MO/s-l1600.jpg
If the shipping wasn't more than the cost of the tape I'd likely
jump on a few rolls. What's it cost to ship a box to N2K1W7 in Canada?

Dunno but you are probably right. Shipping to Canada is silly
expensive.

Somehow almost twice as expensive as shipping it south to the states.
I could likely buy a crate of it from china,including shipping, for
what it would cost to send a sixpack of it from buffalo or detroit.

Thank the International Postal Union (treaty) that says if you pay
local postage, the foreign country carries it free.
I am sure China gives their merchants virtually free postage to the
ship and we carry it the rest of the way for free. That is why I can
buy a mouse from China for $2 with shipping and it would cost me $3+
to send it to the guy across the street.