Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default New to me, tamper proof flat slot screw

On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 06:06:18 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 8:46:03 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
The switch on my coffeepot has gone flakey.
The whole pot was $10 new so it's not worth the effort to repair
but I thought I'd squirt a little contact cleaner in there anyway.
I hate just discarding everything.
Three screws, looked like Phillips head, but it wouldn't grip. So I looked closer.
Huh, it's a normal flat slot screw, but there's a high spot in the middle of the slot
so a regular screwdriver won't go in.
I have some sets of tamper proof drivers, for Torx and maybe something else,
but I have never run into this type before. (and I'm nudging up against 70)
I guess I can buy a $10 screwdriver, take it apart, and get another year
out of a $10 coffeepot, but..........how many years do I have left?
None of my kids want my tools. Hee, hee.

I bought a security bit set years ago for not much, maybe $7,
think it was Harbor Freight. It probably has that one, has dozens of types.

Always lots of help available on youtube :-)

https://thespacebetweenblog.net/removing-window-bars/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdMTVQxIBHA

I couldn't imagine what the proper tool would look like -

https://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/...infoneway.html

Duh - I think I have one somewhere ..

John T.