Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

Default Combi or System boiler

We are in the thought process of removing night storage heaters and
having new full central heating and hot water from a kerosene fired
boiler.

The issue is whether we go for a combi boiler or a system boiler with a
much smaller HW cylinder than at present and with the smaller cylinder
relocated to the loft.

The boiler will be an outside boiler.

The length of hot water to taps/shower pipe runs from a combi boiler will
be great and need a lot of running off before the hot water comes through
but it avoids the need for a cylinder.

A system boiler would give a heated water store that would be almost
directly above bathrooms and kitchen but would be in the loft (single
storey dwelling) so supplies to taps would run down walls rather than up
from underfloor.

I'm more tempted by a system with cylinder as I have also read some
reviews that say that kerosene combi are not as good at producing HW as a
gas fired.

Any thoughts please on system vs combi and also efficiency of kerosene
combi for the supply of HW.

Thanks