Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

On 31/01/2020 16:03, Robin wrote:
Eg for the U-value for the living room went from 5.10 to 4.13 with
lined curtains (albeit not special, thermal ones).Â* To paraphrase his
conclusion, "real life is complex".

And that is not the U value for the windows, but the whole room which if
its 5 is crap aleady.

Yes. My mistake.

That is simply not what I have here. My room in total meets U value of 2
because that was the design target but has single glazing in very well
insulated walls.

Adding curtans makes a hell of a difference to the side with french
windows. Anhd those ciurtains are floor scrapers

If that's what you'd said from the outset I'd not have commented. I was
triggered by what I think now may have been a slip of the keyboard in
your "thermally interlined curtains and gain at least double the
/double/ glazed performance" [emphasis added]

--
Robin