Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How to deal with a bit of rising damp?

On 31/01/2020 17:01, Fredxx wrote:
On 31/01/2020 16:58:27, harry wrote:
On Friday, 31 January 2020 13:57:48 UTC, GBÂ* wrote:
On 31/01/2020 12:52, newshound wrote:

I think I would be inclined to be drilling and injecting silicone
to provide a full thickness barrier.

Is that a DIY job?

Given solid concrete floors, how do you drill down low enough into
the wall?

You can hire the equipment and chemical from tool hire shop. Two
holes per brick and bang plenty in.

If it's a cavity wall, the cavity may be full of cement/rubble etc.
You need to make a hole big enough to get your hand in and have a
look with a light and mirror. If it's full of crap you will have to
rake it all out.Â* The cavity should go well below the floor. (The
crap may be bridging the damp course.)

Not many here will see your post. This is a pleasant change from your
normally bigoted posts with no relevance to DIY

Give it 24 hours and his medication will have worn off and he will be
back to his old self.

--
Adam