Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Neighbor having ISP speed problems.

On 1/30/2020 6:26 PM, Michael Terrell wrote:
On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 12:08:07 PM UTC-5, amdx wrote:
I don't know where I left off in this sad tale, but just an update.
Not sure I want any advice, because I don't have all the numbers!
I'm sure the order of some of the details are mixed up.

Neighbors has buffering on his 1 yr old Samsung 4K TV while watching
on NETFLIX.
First cable guy left after changing one barrel connector, he did many
speed tests and the best he got was 70MBPs, with a 100MPBs service. He
suggest the modem/router could be the problem.
Computer shows speeds of 5GBPs to 38GBPs. Cable guy blames slow speed
of the computer on the computer.

Those packages are sold as 'Up to' speeds, not guaranteed speeds.

38 Gigabytes per second? REALLY?

Error, ya that should have said 5MBPs and 38MBPs.

Mikek