Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default COoker point cable size?

On Friday, 31 January 2020 14:58:35 UTC, Gareth Evans wrote:
I'm fairly sure that when this house was rewired that the cable
from the consumer unit to the cooker point was 6mm, but
recent discussion here has discussed 10mm and even 16mm.

Has the standard changed over the years?

Had recently fitted two 6mm supplies for me and I got the impression it was fairly standard. That was for a separate hob and oven though so depending on your meaning/intention of the term 'cooker point' things might be different?