Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jrwalliker@gmail.com is offline

Default Amateur radio - maintaining the technical standards

On Friday, 31 January 2020 00:41:11 UTC, T i m wrote:

Test for you then ... I'd like to build a simple FM broadcast receiver
that I can tune (and lock) to R4 for our daughter to listen to when
she's out walking the dog.

A kit would be nice but I don't want anything that scans, unless it
can be locked on a single freq (93.2 MHz?) at startup?

I think it would only need to drive a small speaker or single
headphone.

SiLabs make some very nice single-chip FM radio receivers. You can
control the tuning over i2c. Some versions have support for actively
tuning a loop antenna. All you need is one of those and a small
microcontroller to preset the tuning.

John