Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Best sharpener for ceramic kitchen knives?

I was given to understand that it was a throw away if it went blunt, but I
suppose it might be sharpened, but something hard enough and yet fine enough
to make cut smoothly could be hard to find. I wonder how they make them in
the first place?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On 29 Jan 2020 18:23:24 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

I have a ceramic knife that I use a lot but it's definitely beginning to
lose its edge.

Are they worth sharpening, and if so, what's the best tool? Diamond file?
If so, what grade?

Ceramic knives are made of zirconia. It has a hardness of about 9.5;
diamond has a hardness of 10. You will need a diamond file, the finest
grade you can lay your hands on.

--

Chris