Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

On 27/01/2020 14:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:20:39 -0000, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
** Robin wrote:
They don't make fog like they used to.* I've done about 30,000 miles a
year from 1980 to 2010 and I really only recollect a couple of
occasions
when rear foglights weren't a positive nuisance.** OTOH I remember 2
weeks of freezing fog in Leeds in the 1960s when you couldn't see a
lamp
post at arm's length.

I'm surprised you did not in those 30 years meet falling snow which
reduced visibility well below 100m.* I did just while commuting 16 miles
a day in London!

Quite. Calling them fog lights is stupid. You're just as likely to have
the same poor visibility due to heavy rain or snow. I'd say heavy rain
far
more common than fog these days.

If you can't see through rain, go to specsavers or replace your
windscreen wipers.

If you can't see through rain , then you are travelling too fast for
the conditions.

You know what would really help in heavy rain?* The re-invention of
mudguards.* Why do cars not have them anymore?* They should be a legal
requirement.