Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Gridwatch certificate expired

Caecilius wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:09:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 28/01/2020 23:03, Roger Hayter wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:

Well I'd have thought on the day it should still work. Who hosts it and
where?
Brian

It works perfectly. It is the observer's browser that rejects its
owner's request to see the site.

The problem is that browsers wet their pants over 'insecure' sites.
So you have to proivide encrypted gridwatch data. Wow! Is the NSA
listening? Does anyone want it?

No.

Just looked for the first time in a long while, and it's a nice clean
site: it works over plain HTTP if required, and also works well
without Javascript (I use noscript).

The only thing I can't find (and it may just be me) is the total
consumption on the pop up values on the graphs. One can read it off the
scale, or possibly even add up all the other figures, but I would find
it interesting.

--

Roger Hayter