Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Adaptors

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 28/01/2020 16:03, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Martin Brown
writes
On 28/01/2020 15:19, Tim Lamb wrote:
So the internet radio has arrived!
*How do I connect? Router sockets are cat 6 and radio input is usb.
Whilst google finds zillions of cables, this particular mix does not
seem to feature.
*Something I have not understood.

Depends on the internet radio. My tuner will accept cabled ethernet
or a wifi connection and either will be plenty fast enough for audio.

A portable radio tends to sit more happily on wifi. You should be
able to follow the simple setup instruction card that comes with it.

Yes. wifi instructions clear enough. Just out of the cardboard and
checking to see if anything else needed:-)
The manual gives set up instructions for UPnP and DLNA functions
which could easily be Greek to the uninformed!

I just had a quick look through the manual...

So it seems you have power in, plus line level audio in (for feeding in
an external analogue signal for playback using the internal amp and
speakers), line out for feeding the output to an external amp etc. The
USB seems to be for reading a mass storage device containing music
files for playback.

There is no direct wired ethernet capability.

The UPNP facility appears to make the device look like a device which
can be streamed to by computers on the network. The DLNA facility
allows the "radio" to reach out and access things being shared on a
network by a DLNA server should you have one running. While both are
nice to have, you can ignore them if all you want to do is have the
radio play internet radio.

OK John. That confirms what has been suggested. My missreading the
blurb.

Not the simplest device to set up and I have only bothered with UK
stations but if you want to tune to a Jazz broadcast from Brazil, the
facility is there.

For such a small, unit the sound output is fine to my aged ears:-)
Luckily my wife only listens to R4 so I don't have training problems:-)

--
Tim Lamb