Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Adaptors

Tim Lamb wrote:
So the internet radio has arrived!

How do I connect? Router sockets are cat 6 and radio input is usb.
Whilst google finds zillions of cables, this particular mix does not
seem to feature.

Something I have not understood.

Going by comments on various discussion groups, most (if not all) internet
radios seem to run a skinny version of Linux. You could try plugging on of
the USB / LAN adaptors which claims to be Linux compatible into the USB
socket and do a reset. Why a reset? I suspect they do minimal HW scanning
at power up to save time and it may not be detected otherwise.

Having said that, if you have decent Wi-fi coverage in your house etc, the
bandwidth isnt high. I run a mixed wired / Wi-fi network and try to put as
many things on wired connections as possible but I still dont use the
(provided) network connectors on our iStream 94s.