Phil

Default estimating service for professional woodworkers: query

"Chris Melanson" wrote in message news:a3BOc.22$hw6.5@edtnps84...
That is a very good idea It would well be worth it to get a second
opinion or third opinion in my case. There are many times when my partner
and I estimate a job and are up to 30 to 40 % apart and then spend hours
going over the job picking it a part to find out why. The time spent going
over the job again would be better spent working on other jobs. I for one
would be very interested in such a service.
I was wondering what kind of back ground you have working with CNC
machines while estimating jobs? I find it very hard to find a qualified
estimator now days who would be both capable of estimating jobs when using a
CNC machinery and also traditional shop equipment.. Most are capable or
either one or the other.

Thanks in advance : Chris Melanson
BLH Millwork Ltd.

I have none. CNC will be on my list to talk about the next time we
meet. I'm sure they're using it where my friend works. They have an
enormous facility, only 8 men in the shop.