Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e4euqelwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 22:57:29 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e2o8ko6wdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 22:03:14 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e2gq0spwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:04:43 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e2a04mwwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 17:18:06 -0000, Rod Speed

newsp.0e18vcyvwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 15:44:44 -0000, NY wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e12ges3wdg98l@glass...
On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 12:04:17 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

Is it OK for rear fog lights to go off when the ignition is
turned
off?....

Who cares? I never ever use mine. They look like brake lights.
So
when
you brake, the person behind doesn't know and slams into you. A
very
dangerous invention. Tail lights are enough for the following
car
see
you. If they aren't, they're driving too fast for the
conditions
and
it's
their problem.

Or, to look at it another way, they need to get dangerously close
you
before they even know you are there. And while it may be their
*fault*
if
they run into the back of you, there's still damage to your car
even
if
their insurance pays for it.

It's not dangerously close, I can see taillights easily in the
fog.
If
can't, then I'm going so fast I'm going to run off the road
anyway.

As for damage, when the front of a car hits the back of a car, the
front
gets 10 times more damage (due to health and softy regulations).
have
in fact had nothing more than a chip of paint on the back of my
car,
whereas the woman (it's always a woman) that rear ended me lost a
radiator, both headlights, the bumper, and the bonnet.

But you can see loss of lights and the hatch unusable with hatches.

No big deal to fix,

Depends on how badly damaged the surround
metal is and its not that easy to get it back to
what it used to be with those corners.

Never had that happen,

Most have.

Maybe you should drive better.

Not possible with being rear ended unless
you regularly do crash stops for no reason.

Easy to avoid most rear ends.

Nope, nothing you can do when someone coming
up behind you clearly isnt paying attention.

Happened to me when stopped at a pedestrian
crossing. The stupid taxi driver was clearly ogling
the bimbo in a very short mini in the 1960s and
ran right up the arse of the beetle. Wasn't cheap
fix either, not feasible to diy,, bent the engine
mount part of the body quite a bit.

don't you have mirrors?

Corse I do and use them all the time, but
they are no use when you can't get out of
the way of the stupid that is about to ram
you up the arse in their car.

Ditto with the other bimbo who demolished
the front of her car on my tow bar. Even me
stopping didn't stop her doing that.

even when the colliding car was completely ****ed. The rear end of a
car is way stronger.

But those folded corners arent in the sense of
what it takes to move the metal enough so that
you can't just replace the smashed light easily.

Never happened to me, and I've had about 8 idiots hit me.

Because you drive so badly.

No, they do, an their insurance agreed.

Fat lot of good that is if they arent insured.

In spades with hatches.

and since it's their insurance paying, I usually make a whacking big
profit.

But a lot more convenient if they don't hit you.

Who cares if I make £100s?

Not everyone is such a desperate unemployable pov.

The point is, when you make several hundred quid, it ain't an
inconvenience.

Corse it is over no accident at all.

Bull****.

Fact for all but unemployable povs.

I get several hundred quid

Only if the metalwork isnt bent and that's uncommon.

and it costs me one hundred. Easy money.

Most arent unemployable povs stuck
with shoving catalogs thru letterboxes.

And not everyone who runs into you has insurance anyway.

They usually have with me. If they don't, you get cash off them as
they're worried they'll get into ****.

Only possible if they have that much cash.

Few do with hundreds of quid.

They find it when you threaten them.

Bull****.

And even when they do have insurance, its
still a lot of farting around making the claim.

Very easy actually.

Bull**** and a mate of mine has just had to do it.

Lot of farting around with multiple quotes and
making sure the work gets done properly.

I'd much rather not have the accident in the first place.

Like I'm going to buy new parts.... I was once paid £700 by a
woman's
insurance for hitting the side of me reversing out of a car park.
It
cost me £75. I kept the rest.

Sure but much more convenient if they don't hit you.

Same answer as above. Doh.

See above, dumb.

Try not answering the same thing twice,

Corse you didn't do that yourself, eh ?

No.

You just did, stupid.

it makes you sound like a child.=

Yes it did make you look like your usual pathetic excuse for a troll.

No, it made you look like a child.

You too, stupid,