Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Adaptors

Well I'm assuming then that you either have to give it specific addresses of
streams to play or operate it from a virtual front end on another device in
some way.
Seems a little crude when so many of the voice assistants can do this via a
link to base.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Martin Brown
writes
On 28/01/2020 15:19, Tim Lamb wrote:
So the internet radio has arrived!
How do I connect? Router sockets are cat 6 and radio input is usb.
Whilst google finds zillions of cables, this particular mix does not
seem to feature.
Something I have not understood.

Depends on the internet radio. My tuner will accept cabled ethernet or a
wifi connection and either will be plenty fast enough for audio.

A portable radio tends to sit more happily on wifi. You should be able to
follow the simple setup instruction card that comes with it.

Yes. wifi instructions clear enough. Just out of the cardboard and
checking to see if anything else needed:-)
The manual gives set up instructions for UPnP and DLNA functions which
could easily be Greek to the uninformed!

--
Tim Lamb