Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Electronics D-I-Y

You mean germanium, probably. Are you saying they don't make wire ended bits
any more, somebody does cos I've seen them in some of the wall warts
recently purchased, usually silicon transistors, small but higher wattage
resistors etc.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Gareth Evans" wrote in message
Perhaps a caveat is needed here, and that is, if you have
old as-new stocks of wire-ended components, (with the possible
exception of electrolytics), then hang onto them like gold dust!

Also, if you're moving in the direction of SMD, then
the easily-installed 1206 former larger sizes are
something to get hold of while you can.

My regret is that a couple of years ago in a clear-out,
I binned all my "geranium" semiconductors and RTL logic chips.

(Not sure, however, if that applies to the 12AT7 up in
the box in the loft, although if I remember correctly,
the filament connections were on pins 4, 5 & 9, giving
you the choice of either 6V3 or 12V heaters)

/WAFFLE :-)