Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Mysterious plug things

Bert Coules wrote:
Can anyone tell me what these are called? They're a sort of slightly odd
distant cousin of the banana plug.

https://ibb.co/sbfLrHy

The red and black sleeves are soft plastic and pull off to reveal a hollow
tube with a single grub screw; the probe-like prongs are approximately 1 mm
in diameter and look as if they're designed to be cut to length if needed.

I have some loudspeakers with spring-catch connectors too small to admit the
speaker wire I'm using and these would serve well, but I need a few more. I
can't remember when, where (or why) I acquired these, and without a proper
name I've had no luck tracking down a source.

Many thanks.

I think these are them.
https://www.amazon.com/RCA-AH11R-Spe.../dp/B003GSLEJO

Unfortunately on the €śwrong€ť Amazon. Havent managed to find them on a UK
site yet. Its possible theyre called something different on this side of
the pond...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls