Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Brake caliper/pad "retaining" clips

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Many garages won't refurb because it's often cheaper to replace (in
labour terms) and less risk to them should something go wrong.

And many garages don't seem to have mechanics anymore - merely fitters of
new parts.

What makes sense to someone paying £150 an hour labour may be total
nonsense to a competent DIYer.

I still have a set seals for a Riello oil burner pump off my old boiler.
I was going to repair the spare, but got a new pump for speed and
reliability of repair, in midwinter. Since then the boiler failed.
But if it hadn't been so cold I think I could have saved about 50 GBP.
--

Roger Hayter