Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What does this picture of a roof show?

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Jan 2020 21:34:35 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

Sure! Anyhoo, obviously I’ve never laid shingles before. Yes I studied
up on how to lay them. No I didn’t immediately start after studying up
and quite frankly it’s a situation where I just started not even
thinking “hey, is this the right way” and viola, here I am. Just looking
at the shingle (after I realized the mistake - homer moment) I didn’t
see any difference between the makeup of the material of the two sides
and as you can see from the pictures it’s not as if it looks bad per se.

Sounds just about as smart as a friend who took off with a pair of
sand-bags hung across the back of his plane (it made it easier to get
the tail of his tricycle gear plane low enouigh to get out of his
makeshift hangar and he was in such a hurry to go flying while the
weather was good, he forgot to remove them and didn't realize it
untill he landed again and it flared WAY too easy -- - -

He's lucky it landed right side up.

But at least he proved he can carry freight back there.