Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ray[_22_] Ray[_22_] is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

"bert" wrote in message
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
What
it doesn't seem to like is the handbrake on and being in drive for long
periods on a hot day. BTW, I left foot brake on an auto.
"Normal" autos should not be held in drive with brake on for long
periods esp. on a hot day - hydraulic fluid overheats.

Just how much heat to you think it generates lugging a caravan up a hill?
I'll give you a clue. A lot more than when idling.

All my car manufacturers of the autos I've had must have got it wrong in
the handbooks then. Perhaps I should write to them all and tell them
Plow**** says you are all wrong. That would be BL, Renault, VW, LR, Jeep,
Suzuki. Don't think I've missed anyone.

Hyundai has never said that.