Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ray[_22_] Ray[_22_] is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
But could you clarify? It applies the parking brake as soon as you
come to a complete stop? So no need to keep the footbrake applied at a
red traffic light etc? And disengages the clutch totally?

The car stops, and within probably some fraction of a second, the
parking brake applies and the clutch seems to totally disengage.

When I want to move off again, I gently press the accelerator, which
then uses the clutch and starts moving - releasing the parking brake at
the right moment. It also has hill start assist.

Mind, sometimes I do feel it doesn't do quite such a good job as it
should with a little bit of a jerk as it starts/releases parking brake.

Ah - right. I have to apply the foot brake to engage drive, so after that
all I have to do is release the footbrake for it to move off slowly, as in
creeping in a traffic jam.

(Bloomin' confusing going back to the other car I regularly drive which,
whilst auto, is entirely different.)

Seems there is no 100% perfect solution if you don't want the brake lights
on all the time you're stopped. ;-)

There is with the best dual clutch systems that apply the brake auto
when stoped and auto disconnect the clutch so it never gets overheated.
Basically its like your use of the handbrake without you actually having
to do anything every time you stop. That would suit me fine and I have
just discovered that the car I am considering, the Hyundai i30 does that
from the owners manual.

Still doesn’t do what I need otherwise tho,, the best cruise control
that allows you to set an increment over the speed limit that you
want it to cruise at and have it cruise at that speed in towns on a
long trip. Stupid to have manually adjust the cruise speed at each
speed limit change.

But what I want will be mandated by the EU forget the
date so presumably all cruise controls will do that soon.