Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default slow drying ink source?

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 15:20:57 -0500, Bod F wrote:

On 1/27/2020 1:52 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/27/2020 12:19 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
barograph ink

I can't find composition for this ink but would buy some cheap fountain pen ink and try adding things to it to slow down drying. I even saw some mention of adding honey to the ink.* There are also water soluble solvents like diethylene glycol that
might work to slow down rate of evaporation.

Price of inkjet printer ink annoys us.* You used to be able to re-ink cartridges but now with HP and maybe others that will not work.

Reminds me decades ago of researchers at Kodak telling me that they sold their cameras at cost but made huge profits from their films.

Now the printer makers are doing it, selling printers at no profit to make it up on ink.

I'm surprised Harbor Freight doesn't have a line of Chicago Electric inkjet printers with 1 gallon ink refills for $29.95.

Inkjet ink is FAR from slow drying.