Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Double glazing beading on the outside?!?

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 17:36:42 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

Mine was installed in 2005, I removed (and successfully and neatly replaced) the external beading, entirely from the outside, to remove the glass to get a sofa into the house. 5 minutes and a small screwdriver was all that was required. I made no noise at all.

Then the glass wasn't taped in and I suggest the windows fitted
unprofessionally (or a really crap and insecure design).

To remove (rather than break) a properly externally glazed DG unit you
would have to fist get inside the window and cut though the tape with
a suitable knife (craft / Don Carlos / Moon) and *only then* can you
remove the glass unit.

Cheers, T i m