Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e2avdogwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 17:02:28 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e12ges3wdg98l@glass...
On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 12:04:17 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

Is it OK for rear fog lights to go off when the ignition is turned
off?....

Who cares? I never ever use mine. They look like brake lights. So
when
you brake, the person behind doesn't know and slams into you. A very
dangerous invention. Tail lights are enough for the following car to
see
you. If they aren't, they're driving too fast for the conditions and
it's
their problem.

And yours when you have to do something
that you wouldn't have had to do if they
hadn't run into the back of your car.

The back of a car is 10 times stronger than the front.

But still easy to damage bits that you have to fix like the lights.
And have to fart around making the other driver pay for.

I've had a paint scratch vs. a broken radiator, two headlights, a bumper,
and a bonnet.

I didn't even have a paint scratch when the silly cow
demolished her plastic bumper completely on my
tow bar, but it was a damned nuisance to have to
stop and exchange details and go down the cop
shop and report her stupidity when she reported
it to the cops. Out cops wont show up anymore
unless someone is injured and even when they
did, you have to fart around waiting for them
to show up and record the detail, while furiously
swatting mozzies the last time that happened.

And she was only going 20mph more than me.

Yeah, doesn't take much to turn the car into a writeoff now.

Perfectly good weather, but she wasn't paying attention

Same with my latest, silly cow drove out of a carpark spot
too fast right into the back of mine as I backed out slower.

Stupid cow had an immense gouge right down
the entire side of hers from her previous stupidity.,

and didn't notice the queue of traffic ahead of her had slowed from 50mph
to 30mph.