Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Petrol chainsaw question

On 27/01/2020 17:26, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 26 January 2020 11:51:20 UTC, newshound wrote:
I have a 12 year old Ryobi RCS4450C which has stopped feeding chain oil.
It looks to me as though there might be some sort of pump on the
crankshaft behind the drive sprocket and the centrifugal clutch (I only
have a low-res exploded diagram, with parts labelled but no "key").
Before I do any more dismantling (it took a while to get this far) can
anyone confirm I am likely to be right? I'm assuming that most petrol
chainsaws have similar layouts.

TIA

What usually happens is wood chips get in the tank and block/damage the pump.

Thanks. Pump seems to be OK as is the "in" pipe but I have yet to check
that the "out" pipe and nozzle is clear.