Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Brake caliper/pad "retaining" clips

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 13:38:16 +0000, Roger Mills
wrote:

On 26/01/2020 16:03, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 15:09:04 +0000, Roger Mills
wrote:

Yes, they're the *original* clips.

Well, unless you have had the car from new and only serviced it
yourself (or never had it serviced) how can you be sure they are the
original clips (and my point etc).

True.

Phew, we got there in the end. ;-)

I was making the point because it's dangerous to assuming that because
you found something some way that was the way it was intended to be,
*unless* you can minimise that by knowing it had come out of the
factory like that (but it's still possibly it was incorrect from the
factory etc (hence recalls etc)). 'Original clips' could have meant
they hadn't been replaced by you / this time round (and hence the
qualification).

However, we *have* had the car from new and its only done about
35,000 miles in its 20 year life. I haven't serviced it myself, but know
that the discs and/or pads haven't previously been replaced - so there's
no reason why the clips would have been replaced.

Agreed. So that's *officially* another question we can (probably)
cross off the list then. ;-)

Cheers, T i m