Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Burglar alarm problem

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 27/01/2020 07:23, Tim+ wrote:

These things can very noisy for a *long* time.

It depends on what has been programmed for the the alarm on time. I
reprogrammed mine from the default 15 minutes to 5 minutes so if the
alarm did go off the "bell" would only sound for 5 minutes. Very few
people these days take any notice of an alarm (apart from being annoyed
by it) so any longer than 5 minutes is a nuisance and if there are
people in the house then hopefully the alarm going off would persuade
them to move on.

as a Scene of Crime officer said to me "Burglar alarms alarm burglars"

My neighbours don’t. I always respond to the alarms
going off and so do most of my neighbours. And we
have prevented some attempts at burgling too.