Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brake caliper/pad "retaining" clips

On 26/01/2020 16:03, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 15:09:04 +0000, Roger Mills
wrote:

Yes, they're the *original* clips.

Well, unless you have had the car from new and only serviced it
yourself (or never had it serviced) how can you be sure they are the
original clips (and my point etc).

True. However, we *have* had the car from new and its only done about
35,000 miles in its 20 year life. I haven't serviced it myself, but know
that the discs and/or pads haven't previously been replaced - so there's
no reason why the clips would have been replaced.
--
Cheers,
Roger